Tuesday 21 December 2010

Pixies in the Cellar


Well I finally got around to my third portfolio visit that seemed a distant possibility two weeks previous! pixiesinthecellar is based in Stalybridgepredominately a graphic design company although Peter Farrel who is Pixies is also an artist and photographer. I worked with Peter several yearsago and we have kept in contact since.Basically we met for a coffee in Manchester and I took along my portfoliowhich he hasn't seen in my third year. I sent him my Bloomberg projectand he was very impressed and described it as being 'very Ant'.To be honest Peter is always very complimentary about my work buthe always says to me that I am an artist rather than purely being adesigner. Peter was interested about what the college does to encourageour path into industry. I explained about personal professional developmentto which he was interested in, relaxed and positive discussion.We discussed working on a photographic display together in the new yearand to possibly approach a gallery to show it something in the lineof social dis rest a subject we both have an interest in.

No comments:

Post a Comment