Tuesday 14 December 2010

Hopes, fears and opportunities


As part as my professional development I raised
my concerns with James my tutor as to where I
may fit in the design industry.
We discussed that if and when I may get a portfolio visit
that it would be possible to raise such issues and
include as part of my PDP.
I visited www.thechase.co.uk on Friday of last week and they
were more than welcoming to discuss such concerns
with me which proved to be of great benefit to my
confidence.
My main concern has always been my age and how I
may stand against young students and if this would affect
my career prospects.
Richard Scholey creative director at www.thechase.co.uk
and a senior designer named Stuart were the guys whom
discussed this with me.
They suggested this would not be a problem for me
although they pointed out that I would have to start on
a junior salary. This obviously I do understand and
it is not an issue as I getting the chance of a career in
design would be a major step forward.
So on this journey of mine I felt this was a very positive
step forward and if the placement that they suggested to
me comes off in the new year, well, I certainly could
not ask for more than that from a company as well regarded as
the chase.

No comments:

Post a Comment