Tuesday 14 December 2010

Central Station

I visited the Richey Goohall Library in Manchester
Last week to view the most recent project by the
iconic Manchester design agency centralstationdesign.
Anyone who is familiar with Stockport College
will who they are as they have probably meet if
not have been taught by the Manchester designer
Pat Caroll.
Pat gave me sound advise when I studied on the
foundation course at Stockport that I should study
on the graphic design degree rather than my preferred
choice at the time which was photography.
After a discussion with Pat last week he encouraged
me to visit the exhibition and view the images
displayed.
centralstationdesign were commissioned by Coronation
Street too produce 25 images of the series hero's
as part of their 50 years celebration of being on our
tv screen.
Typically Pa, Matt and Karen set about this project
in their style. They all have a great interest in the
big screen posters of Hollywood and Bollywood
in particular those produced for Hollywood in the
1930's and 1940's.
I particularly liked the use of colour and texture and
the retro feel of the paintings. Very obviously
with the centralstationdesign flavour to the images
they make you feel rather jealous as to their longevity.
A very interesting and influential display which I am
sure will lead the company from strength to strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment