Saturday 11 December 2010

The Chase


Yesterday afternoon I had a portfolio visit
to The Chase which is one of Manchester's
premier design companies. www.thechase.co.uk is
situated in a very nice building and the studio
is fitting for a prestigious design company.
My visit was to see Richard Scholey, Creative Director
and a designer called Stuart.
We had a discussion about where I would
stand in the industry and Richard was confidant
that my age would not be a problem which was
some what a relief to me. I must say I was a little
negative about my portfolio but surprisingly they
rather liked it. They felt that I needed more design work
and on the strength of that they would not offer me
a job on my portfolio.
They suggested that I was a fine photographer which
was nice to hear and that there was a lot of intelligent
thinking behind my work. Richard suggested that a
placement would be of benifit to me and Stuart asked
me to email him to arrange something for the new year.
Which was a pleasant surprise. Richard said that he
particularly liked my book covers, they were skillfully
produced and i needed to include more of such in the portfolio.
I was rather surprised that they offered me a placement opportunity
and it has done my confidence much good for future visits
overall a pleasant experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment