Tuesday 21 December 2010

Alexandra Rodchenko (1891-1956)







This artist has had the largest influence on
my photographic thinking since I visited an
exhibition of his work in Barcelona in 2008.
He was an amazingly dynamic artist and his
ability to show a new vision and method was
revolutionary during the 1920's and 1930's.
He invented 'the death of painting' as he once
described.
Gone now forever were the mundane elite, repetitive
and some what mundane repetitions of
landscapes and people. A new dynamic angular
observation was now attained by the new influences
of Europe and America. A new aesthetic was born
one that would produce the new visual language
that until today is graphic design.
My interest even got me to purchase a book written
by his grandson that cost £120 every penny well spent.
I think is it obvious in the work I produce that his
work has had a pertinent influence on my thinking.
Here some examples of the photography I have taken
due to the great mans influence on my work.



No comments:

Post a Comment