Friday 18 September 2009

Three's a Crowd

Three's a crowd.












As a self-study project I have developed an interest that is fast becoming a fascination with things that appear in threes.









The only condition I have set myself is that I do not try and conceal a fourth, fifth etc, and I aim to include as many threes as I possibly can within each composition.









Also nothing will be staged these are all random occurrences within the environment purposely brought together or not my sole aim is to record their existence. No image editing apart from cropping in the post-photographic process.










This is my rule and I am strict and ruthless with myself. I am a keen photographer and I am aiming to train my eye to find ever more sophisticated, random, interesting and complex combinations of threes.













I aim to be graphic, simple, complicated, deceiving, obvious, flippant, stupid, clever, manipulative, layered, contrasting, negative, positive, communicative, bland, brilliant, boring, uniform, regimental.












Most importantly I want to communicate the relationship of groups of three. What draws me to threes and why I do not like compositions of even numbers. Maybe ill find the answer maybe I will not, I just aim to explore these relationships and see where it takes me.










If I come across a three that I find interesting I will do my upmost to include as many threes as I can possibly collaborate into the composition.



No comments:

Post a Comment